This course is 6 sessions to prepare you and your dog to pass the AKC Canine Good Citizen Test.
By the end of this course, you and your dogs will be able to:
- State the purpose of the American Kennel Club (AKC) Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Program.
- List the behaviors that a dog must demonstrate to pass the AKC CGC Test.
- Use positive training methods to teach a dog to reliably perform the behaviors tested in the AKC CGC Test, including:
- Accepting a Friendly Stranger
- Sitting Politely for Petting
- Appearance and Grooming
- Out for a Walk
- Walking through a Crowd
- Sit and Down on Cue/Stay in Place
- Reaction to Distractions
- Supervised Separation
- Coming When Called
- Reaction to Another Dog
- Troubleshoot and address common problems associated with teaching a dog to
perform the behaviors in the AKC CGC Test