Welcoming a new puppy into the family is a wonderful and exciting process, though it can be challenging at times. Puppies require constant attention and care to develop positive behavior and learn obedience. With basic puppy training classes, you can set your pet up for success and teach them how to behave appropriately in the home, with people and around other dogs.
Off Leash K9 Training Maryland offers fully comprehensive puppy obedience training that helps pet owners resolve behavioral issues, build trust and teach household manners to their dogs. You can trust our knowledgeable and compassionate trainers to help your puppy blossom with expert training and individualized care.
Puppy Obedience Training
At Off Leash K9 Training Maryland, we offer private lessons where our skilled trainers will work with you and your puppy one-on-one to deliver personalized instruction. Puppies aged 8 weeks to 5 months old are eligible for our puppy obedience classes, where they will learn foundational commands like “come,” “sit,” “down” and “place,” as well as manners, confidence-building and body awareness.
During your sessions, we will help you and your pup master basic puppy training skills like housebreaking, feeding and crate training. Our trainers will also assist you in resolving any behavioral problems your puppy may be exhibiting, such as biting, jumping, barking, leash-pulling and any other issues you’d like to address.
Our puppy obedience curriculum consists of a step-by-step training process that teaches your pup the following skills and commands over the course of their experience:
- Crate training
- Walking on a leash
- Confidence building and body awareness
Whether your puppy requires numerous long-term training sessions or a single brush-up class, we have every resource to make your pet’s learning experience a productive one. We offer three puppy packages with diverse features and pricing options so you can choose the class that best suits your pet’s needs:
- Puppy Camp Combo – If your puppy is between 9 and 20 weeks old, they’re eligible for our puppy camp program. When you order this package, your pup will have a private introductory lesson, participate in our weekly obedience camp and finish their training with a group class. Enrollment dates are flexible based on the time of year, to find out about what days and times are available, give us a call 443-743-3221!
- Private Puppy Lessons – Our puppy starter package is perfect for new dog owners who are looking for one-on-one training. This package includes five 1 hour training sessions meant to help your puppy develop manners, socialization and obedience within the first five months of life.
- Puppy Lesson – If you’re not a first-time puppy owner but you still want a refresher on basic obedience, socialization and manners, you can schedule our puppy consult package. This option features a single one-hour long private course for you and your puppy.
- Group Puppy Obedience Training – This 6 week group class package is perfect for puppies ages 12 weeks to 6 months. Our puppy obedience training classes are designed to place yourself and your dog in public places (surrounded by other dogs, people, smells, and sounds), so that you can train your dog to obey you… regardless of the many distractions screaming for their attention!
Enroll in Puppy Training Classes Near You
If your dog requires puppy training to resolve their leash biting, barking or jumping habits, choose Off Leash K9 Training Maryland for obedience classes. During our obedience classes for puppies, we work to give every puppy the individualized attention they need to develop and exercise positive behaviors in any setting. Our trainers provide the best possible experience when it comes to our one-on-one Maryland K9 training sessions — and our customer testimonials and Google reviews speak for themselves.